Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach!

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach with my family, but two weekends before that we started celebrating Thanksgiving. Two weeks before on Sunday we spent Thanksgiving with my extended family and great grandmother at Buca Di Beppo. The weekend before Thanksgiving, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for his immediate family and then on Sunday we had dinner at church and then headed to Taylorsville to do dinner with my other grandparents! So we ate a lot. I will definitely have to get back to Zumba the first of the year!
Thanksgiving Snacks
Dining Room Table
Pumpkin/Spice Cake/Cool Whip via Pinterest
Tyler, Josh's little brother, turned 21 on 11/21/11, so we celebrated his birthday on Saturday when we did dinner at my house. I didn't take a picture of the food for some reson, but I did manage to remember to get the dessert!

Myrtle Beach was great! I had never been before, I have been to South Carolina multiple times, but not Myrtle Beach. We headed out on Wednesday at 5 a.m., arrived at the beach at about 4 p.m. We stayed at the Wyndom Sea Plantation Resort. Each room has a balcony and every balcony faces the ocean. Oh the sound of the ocean, so serene. The weather was fare, it was in the high 60's- low 70's all week. I was wearing sweaters on the beach, but the locals seemed to think it was still summer, in shorts and tank tops. CRAZY!

We shopped for Black Friday, we really should have rented a U-Haul, because the ride home was a little cramped due to the successfulness of my shopping! I decided, as I stood in line at Kohl's for 2 hours, that I do not like Black Friday on Thursday night. When you stand in line for 2 hours at 4-6 in the morning, you have had at least some sleep, so you are pumped with sleep, adrenaline and much more energy. I am a morning person, NOT a third shift person, I worked third shift right after high school and only worked that shift for a little while. I hated it. I can not function. I could have fallen asleep standing in line at Kohl's. I took a nap after we ate Thursday but that still didn't help.

So our trip started out at Wal-Mart, where we couldn't even find a parking spot. It was a mad house in that place. Let me tell you how crazy Wal-Mart is, if it is not in a card board box it is not on sale. Do not even bother picking the same thing off the shelf, because that one is not on sale. Josh got to cash register with his arms full of stuff and he walked out with a 19 piece Dora dress-up set for our niece. From Wal-Mart we headed over to Target, we left about 10:30 because I didn't know where I was going so I wanted to give myself ample time. I was so happy that we did. I found Target just fine, Tina Tina lead me straight to their parking lot. When we got there the line was at the back corner of the building. One hour later the line had wrapped around the building and the parking lot. LET ME TELL YOU, that if I could fly to that Target every year to shop I would! I had the best experience. They regulated how many people they let in the store at once, so there was no crowd and then get this I didn't stand in line to check out. Yes, you read right. NO LINES! We were in and out in 35 minuets! From there, the girls and Josh dropped me at Kohl's while they went and ate Waffle House. After being at Kohl's for 2 1/2 hours I took them back to resort and Kaitlyn and I attempted the mall. We made it through J.C.Penny, we tried Bath and Body Works, but decided to just call it a night. So I slept until about 9, got up and went out for round two at the Tanger Outlet. I was very successful there!


Thanksgiving/Black Friday wrap up is as follows: Thanksgiving was great, even if it did last for three weeks. It was practically a month of Thanksgiving. I do not like Black Friday on Thursday, I think it is called Black FRIDAY for a reason and we should keep it on Firday! Even though I didn't like the store hours, I had a great time with my two cousins, little sister and husband shopping and I had major success! I had a great time with my family and I am head over heals in love with the beach, every time Josh and I go it just feeds our plans of having a beach house one day!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving! We love MB but have never visited in the fall. Sounds like you had great success with your Black Friday shopping adventures! Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete