Saturday, December 17, 2011

7 Days Until Christmas!

Christmas Q&A 

I was trying to figure out what I would post for 7 Days Until Christmas and then I stumbled over this post by Savannah and decided to copy and post it!  I would love to hear some of your answers!


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? - At Christmas Egg Nog.  The rest of the winter hot chocolate (with lots of marshmallows)!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? - Of course he wraps!  What fun would it be if you just walked in the room and saw what you got?  There would be not anticipation at all!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? - White only.  I have some bubble lights that I put on the tree downstairs but I like the look of white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? - Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? - Usually and honestly.  The week before Thanksgiving.  I try to hold off and wait but the excitement gets me every year.  I just can't help it.  I have looked at fall decorations for far too long and need a change.  If I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner I really try to wait until it is over because not everyone appreciates Christmas the way that I do.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? -sausage balls!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? - I have been a lover of Christmas since I knew what it was. I have so many favorite memories.  I loved Christmas Eve PJ's.  We used to get a new pair of pj's on Christmas Eve. 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? - I learned in 5th grade.  People started telling me in 4th grade but I didn't believe them.  I remember my Mom told me, but I don't remember why.  I am sure I asked.  I asked questions about everything and I always needed to know every little detail.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? - Yes, Christmas pj's.  I miss not getting pj's on Christmas Eve now.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? - I put up three large trees.  You can see two of them here  and here
I have not posted the third tree yet!  I also put small trees up in almost every room.

11. Snow! love it or dread it? -  I use to love the snow.  Now not so much.  I don't like driving in it and Josh does snow removal so he is gone and I worry.

12. Can you ice skate? - Nope!  I have been before but will never let go of the rail because I am just not coordinated enough to keep my butt of the ground on such a thin razor blade!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? -As an adult, Josh gave me diamond earrings.  I had wanted a pair of stud earrings forever.  As a teenager:  a cell phone.  I had begged and begged and begged.  As a child:  I really can't remember back that far! 

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? -Giving people gifts.  Mom says that since I was little I always wanted everyone to open the gifts I got them before I opened mine.  I get a feeling of being complete when I see someone else happy.  Josh and I try to give to needy children every Christmas.  We are truly blessed and it is our duty as Christan's to give back to the people who aren't so privileged.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? -my granny makes these jelly filled, powdered sugar dusted pastries that are to die for!  I am also a fan of puppy chow.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? - Josh and I go see "Christmas in the Park" every year.  I will continue this tradition on with my children.

17. What tops your tree? - An angle on the one in the living room, a snowman head on my snowman tree and sliver ribbon on the tree downstairs!

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? - Giving!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? - Definitely YUMO!

20. Favorite Christmas movie? -I love them all.  We don't really go out much the month on December because I am perfectly content with a bowl of popcorn and a Christmas movie.  My top fave are Rudolph, A Year without A Santa Clause, Home Alone, Elf, Santa Clause, The Holiday.  I could keep going.

21. Saddest Christmas song? - I don't know any sad Christmas song.  

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? -Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg.  That is my favorite but I love all Christmas music.  I start listening way before Thanksgiving.  I love the Celtic Women album also.  I also like Mary Did you Know and A Breath of Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment