Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

Traditionally, since Josh and I moved into our own home, my parents and I rotate years on where we spend the night Christmas Eve.  Last year they stayed here, so it was our turn to stay at their house this year.  Well that would have worked out great IF and that is a big IF, my dog hadn't gone out and got sprayed by a skunk.   

Here is how it went....Friday night 12/23/2011 (which was my seizure anniversary BTW 4 years seizure free!) Josh invited his cousin and his dad over to play pool.  Well at some point in time his dad let the dog out, keep in mind she had just gotten a haircut and bath earlier that day.  She didn't come in until 4:30am 12/24/2011.  As soon as she walked in the door I got a huge whiff of skunk.  So I rushed her downstairs gave her a bath (it didn't help) and then Josh made her go outside.  This was 5 1/2 hours before I had people coming over.  Thank God we got her out soon enough to where my house didn't smell like skunk.  I had to go to Kroger that morning to get tomato juice so I could giver her a bath later that evening.  To make an even longer story short.  Christmas Eve night she got a tomato juice bath and  a hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/liquid soak concoction bath that I found online.  It has taken the smell out of everything but her head!

So, Joshua and I woke up early (6am) on Christmas morning opened a few gifts and our stockings.  Let the kiddos open their stockings
Mitten's playing with her new toys.  She's not spoiled or anything!
I just realized that I didn't get any pictures of Precious.  She was chewing on a bone that Santa brought her in the kitchen so she didn't stink up the place. 

Once we were done at home, we loaded up the car and went to my Mom and Dad's.  Please excuse the bare walls and empty rooms they are in the middle of renovating their house.  She really does own furniture.

(Mom would kill me for posting this picture!)  Kaitlyn and I bought Mom a nativity scene picture from Hobby Lobby that she really wanted.

We bought Daddy a pictured of Dale Earnhardt that he wanted!  You can see it in the background of the next picture.

This was mine and Josh's gift to the both of them.

A new Tom Tom, in hopes to make my mother a more relaxed traveler.

The three kids!


 Just a few hours later we headed to Joshua's Mom and Dad's house (where I left my camera outside and got no pictures), for Christmas morning breakfast and of course more presents.

Here is my favorite!  She gets us all a big gift each and then some other small random things she picks up along the way.  This little beauty was my big gift and I have been counting down the days to use it.  Coffee in seconds!  That's my kind of machine!  
The day had only begun, we spent a couple more hours there and then headed to Taylorsville to eat lunch and visit with my grandparents.  After a long day and a lot of driving we came home and our niece and Josh's older brother stopped by for about an hour to see what Santa had left here for her!

It was a wonderful holiday, filled with lots of blessing and love.  It feels like it comes and goes quicker and quicker every year.  But we had a good December.  We are ready to welcome 2012 with open arms and a lot of goals!

Merry Christmas!  God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great Christmas with Josh and your family. I hope your pup is smelling better very soon! :)