Thursday, June 21, 2012

Master Suite????? I SURE Think So :)

So here are some before pictures, the furniture placement was a little different.  I only had the furniture in this placement for a small period of time.

Please don't mind the pile of towels!

And now........
I painted the wall red to match my pillows and valances.  I love a little pop of color!  I got rid of the collage picture frame and created my own collage with different frames. 
I also wanted to put just pictures of us since we have been married, rather than all wedding photos!

So I showed you my pillow inspiration and decided that instead of pillows I would rather have canvas signs on each of our night stands!  I also replaced our lights with smaller lamps and to tie in the gold and burlap, I purchased a golden brown burlap shade!
Please ignore the paint.  I am not finished with the tray!  I found this "Love goes on and on" poster sign at T.J. Maxx.  I was so excited to find something that was perfect size for the top of our armour.
I added this book case so that there was something under our television.  I had a very small table, but I just didn't feel like it did the trick!

I love the white canvas with white writing!

I didn't do anything to the chair in front of the window instead of adding one other pillow and rearranging the setting of them!
I also found this glass vase at T.J.Maxx for $6.99.  The book in the middle is our guest book from our wedding.  I bought it at a small boutique when we were in Canada.  It is very chic and sophisticated.  My absolute favorite piece from our wedding!  I also went with a slightly lighter shade of gold on the other walls, I didn't want the room to be too dark, once I added in the red.
My inspiration for burlap runners, was a picture that I posted in my previous post of a burlap table runner.  I was going to use regular colored burlap, but that was all they had so I went with cream on cream.
I purchased this little corner tower at Home Goods!  I used to keep a basket in the corner with Josh's daily stuff in it, but it just didn't work out!  So I decided to try something different!
My whole inspiration came from this little valance.  I found it at Lowe's and instantly feel in love!

I am so pleased with the way that everything turned out!  I really do feel like we have a master suite instead of a just a bedroom and bathroom! 


1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job making your bedroom into a suite!! Love all of the details and especially the Mr. and Mrs. canvases. Great work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete