Friday, December 9, 2011

16 Days Until Christmas!

Today's post is my living room.  I was going to/I usually do drape gold beads from my tree, but it is a two person job and Josh has been really busy this year!  So we will do without beads!  I started doing themed rooms about two years ago here is a list of my rooms and their themes.
Living Room: Red and Gold
Kitchen: Santa
Dining Room: Snowmen
Spare Bathroom: Vintage Christmas
Downstairs Living Room: U of K
Downstairs Spare Bath: Log Cabin Christmas
Master Bedroom and Bath: Pine cones
For the other rooms in the house I just put up small trees.

So here is my red and gold living room:
The Tree!
I got the stocking hanger from Kirklands
You can't see the tree skirt but I made it this year.  I got the idea via Pinterest!  I will be posting on it later!

The Santa Christmas countdown was a hand-me-down.
The gold tree: Hobby Lobby or Michael's
The present: was a gift a few years ago.

From top to bottom.
Noah's Ark: Home Interior
The Santa boot: Wal Mart
The pair of Christmas trees: TJ Max
The gold reindeer: Michael's
The nativity scene: Kirkland's
Santa: TJ Max
The scene inside the globe I got the idea last year from Josh's aunt who is extremely talented.  The house is from Big Lots, the snowman figurine is from Big Lots and the tree is from Michael's.
Twisted Peppermint candle by Slatkin candles is my favorite Christmas scent it is from Bath and Body Works.
The gold vase is also from Michael's.



The candle is a Cinnamon Stick candle from Yankee Candles.
The picture frame I made a couple years ago.  It is two frames connected with hinges, sticky dots are what holds the ornament in the center of the left frame and also what attaches the buttons.


The candy dish is a hand-me-down.
The basket with our remotes is from Michael's.


I hope you enjoyed this blog!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment: