Thursday, December 22, 2011

5 Days Until Christmas!

I am back blogging I know (sorry).  Things have been a little busy/crazy around here the last few days!  So my goal this week has been to preform 5 random acts of kindness before Sunday.  The week didn't really start off that well.  First I went to Zaxby's, I guess I was there too early and no one was ready to eat lunch yet because there was no one in line behind me.  So the next day I went to McDonald's to get a coke, NO ONE.  I thought to myself "how in the world am I going to pay for the person behind me if NO ONE is ever there?".  So I gave up on that idea and figured I would try later on in the week.  

So then I spent Monday morning making these cute little gift bags that had lotion and body wash and hand sanitizer in them, along with a note that says "Enjoy this Random Act of Kindness" (on the front), "Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds and to be gracious and willing to give."  1 Timothy 6:18 (on the back).  Store were packed Monday and I chickened out because I didn't want to the center of attention.

So my first act of random kindness, wasn't really random because I do it every year, but anyway I give my garbage tipper and driver $10.00 each and my mail lady $10.00.  They both do jobs that I would not want to do.  The mail lady job wouldn't be too bad, BUT I would not want to be a garbage tipper or driver.  So I give them a small token of my appreciation.  I like to let them know that their GREAT job does not go unnoticed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment