Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I love chicken nuggets, what I don't love is what is in chicken nuggets.  So to feed my craving I will make a large batch and freeze what I don't eat, so I always have some on hand.

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

Ingredients:

1 pound chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of all purpose flour
Salt and Pepper
Paprika
garlic powder
Onion powder
1 egg and 1/4 cup of grape seed oil
hot sauce
2 cups of panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of grape seed oil for frying

Cut chicken into bite size pieces.  Place and combine flour, salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder in a shallow bowl.  In another shallow bowl whisk eggs, hot sauce (not for spice just for flavor) and 1/4 cup of oil together.  In a third shallow bowl place bread crumbs.

Dredge the chicken through the flour.  Then cover them with the egg mixture and then cover them throughly with bread crumbs.  I split the chicken up in thirds and coated in batches.  Heat the oil over medium-high heat and fry first batch until golden brown on both sides.  Each side will take about 5 minutes.  When you see the edges become brown they are ready to be flipped.  Finish all three batches and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment