Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week One

Week one started off great.  I came up with an excellent menu, we were on top of the goals and going strong.  Until Friday, Josh sent me a text message while I was at school, telling me that our washing machine had gone out.  This shouldn't be a big deal.........NOT AT OUR HOUSE.  I really don't understand why purchasing appliances is always so hard for us.  We built a house together, we have been together for 8 years and survived many other relationship issues, but our marriage is put to the test every time we buy an appliance.  How crazy is that?

It all started 4 years ago when we first moved into our house.  Josh had a friend that had a brand new GE front loader washer and dryer for $800.00.  That's a lot of money, but they were brand new and it was actually more than half off.  My mom and aunt were buying us a washer and dryer for a house warming gift and weren't willing to pay $800, so after a lot of arguing I talked him into buy a scratch and dent set and when those went out we would get something nice.

Our washer was never really right.  We have had issues out of it from the beginning and I knew that our days with it were limited when it started making even more noise (ones I had never heard before) about a month ago.  So I had a layout in my head, front loader washer and dryer, new cabinets in the laundry room, new paint job and a counter top across the top of both appliances.  That was a good plan and all until Josh showed up and saw the price of front loader washing machines.  I kid you not when I say this whole entire weekend was consumed with arguments about what kind of washer we were going to buy and how much we were going to spend.  After a lot of vulgar words, yelling, screaming, fit throwing (on both of our parts), causing scenes in every place that sells appliances and a lot of tears, we came across a very good deal.
This is what we got. Home Depot ran a sale this week that actually ended Thursday, someone didn't take the sale tag down, so they had to give us the washer for the price advertised.  I get very bummed when we argue, we don't usually but when we do, we argue hard.  In the end I still had to go to the laundry mat because it won't be delivered until Friday the 13th and I had a weeks worth of laundry to do.

On a positive note, the rest of the week was great.  I had (before Friday) got my mouth under control and had done very well.  We ate great this week.  Saturday we did eat out, we were starving after all of that washing machine mess.

Jillian Michales always says not to let the times you fail define your ultimate goal.  So we will get back on the horse and try again.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment