For some reason, this season I have gotten many compliments on my decorating. I love fall sooooo much that the last week in August I start dragging stuff out and wont put it away until Thanksgiving! Now keep in mind that although I keep fall decor up from late August to late November, I switch things up each month. September: just fall, October: Halloween (of course) and November: well Thanksgiving. only a few things change each month. My table arrangement has never been the same two months in a row for the four years that we have lived here, I just couldn't bear the thought of looking at the same thing for 62 days!
So I figured that "My House" would be the perfect subject for my next blog! I will make it into a 5 day post.
Day One: Dining Room
Day Two: Kitchen
Day Three: Living Room
Day Four: Bedrooms
Day Five: Bathrooms
This is Octobers dining room. I couldn't get the whole room on one picture so I have had to split it up.
Here's a list of where I got either ideas for things or actually bought them.
1. Table Runner: Big Lots
2. The Happy Halloween Sign: Kirkland's
3. The two spider candle holders on each side: Big Lots
4. The wooden pumpkin on the far right and its stand: Bardstown Arts and Craft Fall Festival
1. Bookshelf: Target
2. Wooden pumpkin bowl: T J Max
3. Yankee Candle "Pumpkin Pie": Bed, Bath and Beyond.
4. Plush pumpkin: The Christmas Tree Store
5. plush scarecrow: Garden Ridge
6. Halloween Picture: Meijer
7. pumpkin picture: I got a printable picture off line and my baby sister painted it for me
8. Two small pumpkins on each side: Kirkland's
9. Frame: Kohl's
Sorry this picture isn't better there was no way to avoid the glare!
10. The pumpkins on the top with burlap: I got the idea from this month's issue of BHG.
11. The glass pumpkins on the middle shelf: all came from Garden Ridge
12. Dishes on the lower shelf: Kohl's
This is the other portion of my dining room.
13. Starting in the back there is a lantern under the easel: Sam's it was a 2 pack,the pumpkins and pine cone mix inside, Michael's
14. On the table, the two candle sticks with the gourds: Target. The gourds are real and I get all of my pumpkins from Wooden Farm in Elizabethtown.
15. floor mat: the idea came from TLC, its a black rug with silver puff paint.
This is the dining room in September.
The table runner: fabric is from Wal-Mart.
The platter: Kirkland's
The iron pumpkin (also in October): Bardstown Arts and Crafts Fall festival