Friday, May 27, 2011

How to Organize Your Own Freezer!




A few days ago my post was about an article that I found about getting rid of the clutter in your kitchen and ways to organize your freezer.  Well I was able to run to Wal-Mart yesterday and pick up the few things that you need for this DIY project.  Since there are only two of us at my house, and my husband is a stickler for not wasting anything, I freeze EVERYTHING! Another good thing about freezing is, if you live somewhere like I live where there is no grocery, you never run out.  So here is my version of freezer organization.

Supplies:

* pencil
*  5-7 plastic containers
* plastic see through luggage tags or badge holders
* scrap booking paper
* decorative scissors
* twine ( if you are using badge holders)



Directions:

Step One:  On some type of word document type out how many different categories you want.  I used: pork, chicken, beef, veggies, soups, pasta and baking.  You could use fish, dairy, bread, breakfast or lunch whatever you have mostly in your freezer.  After each word I left 6 spaces to ensure myself enough room.  I used Georgia type font and size 20.

Step Two:  Once you have typed everything up, if your paper is not 8X11 you will have to cut it down to the proper size.  Print your labels.

Step Three:  Trace out the size of badge holder/luggage tag on your paper so that you where to cut.


Step Four: Cut out labels.

Step Five:  Place labels in holders and affix holders to plastic containers with twine.

Step Six:  Fill containers with food items!  Enjoy your nice organized freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment